- Speak with your financier or your Finance Consultant to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred suburbs that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Research sales in those preferred suburbs. Inspect every property in your preferred suburb so you have a feel for the prices. Attend all open homes in the area.
- Develop a relationship with one of our professional team. Your mre Property Marketing P/L Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you how you can register on our website to automatically receive notification of any new listings that hit the market.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask our consultant to send you a copy of the Section 32 or Vendors Statement.
- If you are considering making an offer, we recommend that you contact your mre Sales Consultant promptly, who can guide you if you are in any way unsure of the process.
- Once you feel confident with the information you have received, advise you mre consultant and they will draft the offer to be presented to the vendor and answer any questions you may have.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, the vendor will sign your offer, therefore making it an official contract. You will be required to pay an initial deposit on the signing of the Contract, generally 0.2% of the Contract Price, with the balance of the Deposit being due on a nominated date, which will be held in a trust account until settlement.
- Prior to settlement, you are entitled to a final inspection of the property. The aim of this inspection is to check the property to ensure it appears as it did at the time of purchase and that no items have been removed by the vendor.
- At settlement, your conveyancer/ solicitor will arrange everything with your bank or lending institution, along with all documents required by the government departments.
- On settlement day your conveyancer/solicitor will advise once settlement has taken place, at which point you are entitled to the keys and the property is yours !!!
If you have any other questions regarding the process, a mre consultant will be more than happy to help answer your query.
We hope you have a happy buying experience.